Shafted: update 4

To: "aMORGANS@autox.team.net" <Morgans@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Shafted: update 4
From: "Stephen F. Bauserman" <sbauserm@actsnet.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 20:37:58 -0500
I did it.  I cut the yolk this evening.  I used my circular electric
cutter.  When John Blair suggested it was dry welded, that was a serious
understatement.  The yolk was totally fused to the splined shaft at the end
of the transmission.  The yolk is not bent.

The bent part is the shaft in the transmission tail piece.  Fortunately
this shaft is threaded at the other end and srews into another shaft at the
front of the tail piece.  Now I need this middle shaft.  I think.  (John,
since you have drawings does this sound right?)  I have a yolk and seal.
Anyone know where I can come up with such an animal?

Thanks for your help.

Steve Bauserman
67 Morgan 4/4
83 Mercedes 300SD