Re: front end rebuild

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: front end rebuild
From: "Blair, John" <jblair@virgo.massolant.navy.mil>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 1997 11:17:06 -5
> > Fellow Mog-o-philes:
> >
> > I am about to undertake a front end rebuild on my 4/4.  This will involve
> > new kingpins, bushings, upper and lower kingpin springs, and some blood,
> > sweat and tears as well.  Any one out there who's done this and can offer
> > advice on the job?

Besure to install the bushing into the stub axle BEFORE you have them
reamed!  Then besure to take the kingpins to the shop with that stub
axles and keep them matched!!!

John

 John T. Blair  (WA4OHZ)  - jblair@massolant.navy.mil
 NAVMASSO Code 331        - Phone (804) 523-8133 (Comm)
 1441 Crossways Blvd.                   565-8133 (DSN)
 Chesapeake, VA. 23320-2843