Watkins Glen this Sept??

To: Morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Watkins Glen this Sept??
From: William Zehring <zehrinwa@UMDNJ.EDU>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 10:07:28 -0400
Fellow mog-o-philes:

Wow, two postings in one day: this could get serious.

I realize it may strike a few folks as a bit early for this sort of an idea
but I'm wondering if there are any list members who might be persuaded to
consider meeting up at the vintage races at Watkins Glen the first weekend
in September.  I think the track has a web site (try "theglen.com" but I'm
not 100% sure this is correct) for more information on dates and
activities.  I was planning on driving either the MGB ('63) or the Mog to
the event (my beloved spouse isn't too keen on the idea of me taking the
mog; some silly notion on her part that its HER car and the trip would be
too rough for the thing... ugh).  This after my late November dash from
Detroit to NJ!  Purred like a kitten (just a little chilly)!  Anyway, just
a thought.  There's plenty of time to decide this, tho I'm not too clear on
motel availability.

There can be a huge variety of vintage cars, both street and race, at these
events and is in general a pretty thick collection of motorhead types.  It
would be cool to 'show the flag' there in the Morgan and perhaps meet and
talk with some Morgan racers as well.  I had a great time with a few Morgan
racers at Mid-Ohio last summer.

Think about it, maybe??

Will Zehring