Re: Watkins Glen this Sept??

To: ebrown@ms.com
Subject: Re: Watkins Glen this Sept??
From: William Zehring <zehrinwa@UMDNJ.EDU>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 13:07:12 -0400
At 12:55 PM 7/10/97 -0400, Chip Brown wrote:
>     On Labor Day weekend, the Dodge Vintage Festival takes place at Lime
>     Rock and a number of clubs, including the VSCCA, will participate. I
>     will be there (they've got my money already) along with at least one
>     other Morgan owner that I know of.
>
>     I didn't know there was also a club meet at the Glen and I guess
>     there's the possibility. But I would almost bet my nut-splitter that
>     the races you're talking about are at Lime Rock. I think these parks
>     try not to compete too much with each other for gate.

Nope; Its the SVRA "Zippo" (as in cigarette lighter company... or is it a
reference to the speed of the cars?) US Vintage Grand Prix at Watkins Glen
(Sept. 5-7).  I'd love to come up to Lime Rock to meet you and see the
races too, but my beloved would change the locks on our house if I did that
sort of thing two weekends in a row (especially with _her_ Mog)!  You can
keep your nut splitter, but I'll take your spring compressor!

>     If it IS Lime Rock, I hope lots of folks come. The dates of the Dodge
>     Vintage Festival are August 29th to Sept 1. No racing on Sunday. It is
>     a wonderful spot, more accessable than the Glen for many and will be
>     filled with all sorts of outrageous machinery of which the Morgans are
>     the most mundane. Put yer roll bar in, nomex on, baling wire around
>     and join the fun. Or just grab the SPF 15 and your camera and come
>     enjoy the time.

Hmmm.  This is tempting.  I've never been to Lime Rock Park.  I need to
figure out how long the drive is from here (Flemington, NJ area) to there!
I could always punch out a small window in the side door to get beck
inside...  ;-)

Will

p.s. What's spf15?