tyres & petrol

To: "'morgans@Autox.Team.Net'" <morgans@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: tyres & petrol
From: "Vandergraaf, Chuck" <vandergraaft@aecl.ca>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 09:52:20 -0400
Michael Jhon's question on tires prompts me to resurrect my old question
about tires.

What do you suggest for 16" wheels on a "52 +4?  The tires on it now are
5.25-5.50/16"  but the spares in the well are a tight (too tight) fit,
so I've always had to keep one of them deflated.  Any source out there
other than Coker?

A second question concerns the use of unleaded gas in an engine that was
designed for leaded gas.  I've been led (no pun intended) to believe
that lead (Pb) in gas hardens the valves and that the replacement,
manganese (Mn), will eventually lead to problems.

Any leads?

Thanks

Chuck

Chuck Vandergraaf