Re: putting my front end back together

To: William Zehring <zehrinwa@UMDNJ.EDU>
Subject: Re: putting my front end back together
From: George Gerth <ggerth@west.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 07:16:32 -0700
William Zehring wrote:

> Fellow mog-o-philes:
>
> I have the newly driven and honed bearings back from the machine shop and
> am about ready to start putting the front end back together on me mog.  One
> question: is there a particluar lube that is best to use during this
> assembly phase?  I have the regular black grease but I'm not sure thats the
> best thing to use??

William,
"Honed?" or Reamed?  If they were finished with honing, be certain you
flush ALL of the abrasive out of the tube before assembly. Otherwise you
will be back doing this long before you want to.

I would recommend your normal chassis grease for assembly.  It is
somewhat important to stick with the same lube as they can react with
each other...

Get it back on the road...

Geo.
63 +4