RE: The New Morgan will be different --

To: Simon Chambers <DrSimon@azure.com>,
Subject: RE: The New Morgan will be different --
From: c.butter@umds.ac.uk (Colin Butter)
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 11:00:54 +0000
>I went to the heaven ....  sorry Malvern, a few weeks ago to choose new mog
options at the factory - took a whole film of pictures and discussed issues
such as air-bags - the main sales guy there ( sorry I forget his name ) told
me that they have only *once* had an order for air-bags! There was no sign
of any missing ducts for air - but I'm not sure about the heated front screen.

The "new" cars are not yet in production, but will be any week now!

>BTW Colin Have you got your car yet? and if not - will you be driving it
home from the factory? :-) You said yours was going to be a yellow one with
green leather/carpets .... there was one like that there! - Got it on a
picture! it was having the carpets fitted at the time - Unfortunately I did
not look at the build ticket so can't be sure if it was yours. I can place
the pictures on the web if I get time.

A coincidence in that someone has the same taste as me. Mine is not yet in
build, so will unfortunately be of the new type.  Yes I *will* be driving it
home.

 NO airbags .... well at just under 2000 UK pounds for a fat steering wheel
and no glove box - who needs them? ;-)

My understanding is that all cars will be equiped to take airbags, although
their fitment will be optional.  Ergo, everyone will ahve big ugly steering
wheels and no glove box.

Colin

Dr Colin Butter
Physiology Dept