Re: NY Times article on Morgans

To: Jane McDaid <Murphys@ziplink.net>
Subject: Re: NY Times article on Morgans
From: "Noah L. Anglin" <nlaark@hooked.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 07:32:13 -0700
Jane McDaid wrote:

> See P25 of the travel section of the Sunday NY Times 8/10/97 for an article
> by Kirk Kraeutler on becoming hooked with the Morgan addiction during a
> weekend trip from London to Wales in a rented Morgan.
>
> Nice article.
>
> Jerry Murphy

Jerry & all,

About 20 or so years ago, I too rented a Morgan in London and drove to
Wales.  A truly beartiful trip including a visit to Malvern Link.

Unfortunately, disaster struck, I hit a Rover 2000 head on.  It "broke"
the Morgan real bad, a total.  One of the hardest things I ever had to
do was call the Morgan agent in London and tell him I broke the car.

The Rover was almost unhurt and the owner drove me to their home for hot
tea and cakes.  In the US or elsewhere, the Rover owner would have at
least sued or shot me.

It was one of those experiences you do not want to go thru twice.
Actually, the Morgan breaking absorbed most of the energy and probably
saved my life.  Who says wooden frames are not "good".

Noah Anglin, 68 +4