Re: SS Morgan 5381

To: Robert m Bowie <deemi@juno.com>
Subject: Re: SS Morgan 5381
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 12:41:57 -0500 (CDT)
On Sun, 17 Aug 1997, Robert m Bowie wrote:

> I am just joining this list, but would like to contact people interested
> in the Super Sports Morgan.
>
> I have a 1963 SS Morgan, with alot of strange additions, including dual
> fillers, lines and pumps, under restoration and I need help with what was
> original vs not..
>
> I have verification from the factory and Herman Pol on her Racing
> preparation, and she is one of five SS "endurance racers" built by the
> factory to assault endurance events...
>
> Help is appreciated on her East Coast History as a Fergus Racer, and I
> will be listing odd options for comment etc. during the next few weeks...
>
> I found the car in a Junk yard in Virginia, John Sheally took a look at
> her in her original state of neglect of 25 years..

        You might want to post a note to the "vintage-race" list... Many
        of that lot have personal "race history" (their cars aren't the only
        old timers). They may be able to give you an idea of how the car was
        raced. I'm assuming you are going to set it up in racing trim and not
        take it back to "street stock".

        Good luck on your great find!
        Greg Petrolati

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois