Datsun distributor

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Datsun distributor
From: steve@tap.csiro.au (Steve Moore)
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 09:25:12 +1000
I have now had the Datsun 120Y distributor fitted to my Ford 1600 Kent
engined 4/4. As promised here are my impressions about the outcome.

The job required some machining (fitting the Ford drive gear etc) but all
up cost only $300 Australian including setting up the mechanical advance on
a dyno (the car is fitted with twin Weber 40 DCOE carburettors and has no
vacuum advance). The result I'm pleased to say has been impressive. The car
now revs easily to 6500 revs . It seems willing to keep revving beyond this
but so far I have not dared. Power at the top end has improved out of
sight.

This coming weekend we have an historic sprint meeting through the steets
of a little country town west of Brisbane. A two hour drive down country
roads in the moggy, a weekend spent among some classic machinery, most of
it being driven hard and a nice country pub at the end of the day, life
indeed seems pretty good.

On another matter if anyone in the USA knows of a Plus 8 for sale would you
let me know. Condition is not an issue. Although it would be preferable if
the body at least was relatively sound, the state of the mechanicals is
less important. A car at the lower end of the price range, needing some TLC
to bring it up to a usable condition would be ideal. Left or right hand
drive is OK.

Cheers

Steve Moore

Dr. Stephen Moore