Re: Bonnet Scoop

To: Jane McDaid <Murphys@ziplink.net>
Subject: Re: Bonnet Scoop
From: Arlin Robins <arlin@slip.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 22:46:57 -0700
Jane McDaid wrote:

> Having fitted a shortened TR3 intake manifold combined with HS4 SU carbs to
> my 1967 Plus 4, I can now enjoy the protection of a set of K&N air filters
> Under the stock hood. Great idea, gleaned from Fred Sisson's book "Notes
> >From a Morgan Garage".
>
> Now I will not need the Plus 4 SS style hood scoop I bought from Morgan
> Spares a few years ago. It's new, still in gray primer. Will anyone pay $75
> for it? I think I paid about $95 in 1992. It's just the thing if you're
> installing Webers.
>
> Thanks for your replies.
>
> Jerry Murphy

To those who've added an SS style bonnet scoop, or thought about it:

I was too late to buy Jerry's scoop, but I am still planning to get one
for my '61 +4 roadster in order to fit good breathing air cleaners
and--when I hit the lottery or finally go completely over the
edge--install Webers.

Does anyone have any info or advice to offer on the procedure (e.g. how
and how much to cut for the opening in the bonnet; rivets/bolts vs.
welding; etc.)?

Also: I have an old vinyl tonneau which is now about 2 inches too short
for my Plus Four 2-seater. When my new one is in my hands, this old one
will be available for anyone who might want it. (Maybe for a rough
pattern...or maybe someone's Mog has suffered proportionate sun
shrinkage....)

Michael Jhon
arlin@slip.net