like a sleeper?

To: Morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: like a sleeper?
From: FPS3@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 1997 10:05:43 -0400 (EDT)
Let's see... if I sold one of my favorite Morgans- I could buy the trike...
Hmmmmm
Just a passing thought- $17,000 firm price- they gotta lust after the car and
they are not for everyone but just for grins..

Anyone know anyone who is desperately seeking a high-cowel twinspare ('55) to
completely restore- runs great but not the proper engine. Includes perfect
Jag/Moss shaved-gear box with Laycock overdrive- I love the lines of this
particular year Mog.. It has 72 spoke wires (factory conversion) just need TR
engine, time love and money....

 OR anyone seeking a very reliable old Morgan to drive every day- one that
gets 30 MPG and has the super-classic look of twin spares, folding
windscreen, 72 spoke wires, aluminium drums, through-firewall heater, 7"
Lucas driving lights etc... rough paint but dead reliable and very well
manored. Has a jump seat for kids. (just don't let Morgan "snobs" look under
the bonnet..)

 OR.. is looking for a very classic looking old Brit car that will out
accelerate a new Mustang. It is what we old hot-rodders-at-heart call a
sleeper. It cruses at 2000 RPM at 60 MPH and is "new or re-newed" (over the
last few years..) under the bonnet from aluminium radiator- V8engine-
automatic overdrive transmisson-drive shaft-limited-slip rear end-72 spoke
wires & new tyres. 80 to 100 MPH crusing- no problem. Probably one of the
world's first "+8s"- converted in the sixties.. (+4+4?) Rough paint but you
don't have to take any Bull--- on the road- it is fast.. but quiet, well
manored and reliable.

I don't really want to sell- but I would to buy.. (the story of my automotive
life)

Fred Sisson