Women's Garments

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Women's Garments
From: Fred Kuzyk <msccc@sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 1997 00:41:37 -0700
"John, Thanks for the ever-so-delicately phrased reply.  In
self-defense, I
must assure you (and I know you won't believe this) that I HAD
considered
such wonder garment membranes as you describe, but didn't want to offend
the
gentlemanly sensitivities of this group.

But now that you have, this reminds me of the time a friend of mine lost
his
fuel-pump diaphram while out in the field; fixed it with a spare (and, I
presume, virgin) condom.  Please, let us not get side-tracked from such
important issues as shock absorbers and tub repair with stories about
parts replacement from the fairer sex's wardrobe. (I.e., anymore good
stories out there?)"

Bob Alexander

Dear Bob, et al:
While on a Morgan trip, my wife & I discovered the value of such items.
We cooked our generator bearings while in the boondocks. Without Lucas
spares available, I was faced with the problem of how to bypass the the
smoking dynamo yet drive the engine fan, so that we might limp home. My
good wife offered up her panty-hose. This lasted a few miles before it
failed. A stop at small store yielded several varieties of such nylon
life-savers. These would also only last so long before each would either
stretch & slip or tear. A bicycle tire tube & bungee cord were also
experimented with, but these also proved ineffective for various
reasons. The most successful fix was a pair of support stockings, which
lasted the longest. By the way, although my tool kit is rather spartan,
I have carried said nylons since then! By the way, the battery was kept
charged, even with multiple starts, by a small solar cell panel, plugged
into the inspection lamp sockets on the dash!
I have not found a similar use for garter belts or bras, at least not
yet - although they could make for an interesting emergency bungee for
the luggage rack!

Fred Kuzyk
Morgan Sports Car Club Canada