Enjoying the Trike

To: Morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Enjoying the Trike
From: Bob Wright <rwright@river.netrover.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 1997 07:36:14 -0400 (EDT)
I spent Saturday reassembling brakes, bearings, fenders, Radiator and Carb
with hopes of attending a vintage motorcycle show/frea market.  Drove there
Sunday without problems (which I had earlier, hense the disassembly).  I was
well received amongst many British, German and Japanese bikes (where was the
US of A?).  It was a great show with many pleasant enthusiasts from all over
Ontario.  I had to jokingly defend my attendance with the excuse that I was
a bike with a training wheel.  Made many new freinds and possibly some
contacts in hopes of finding a vintage bike to restore some day. ( I must be
mad)  Back to the repairs and it's link to hear...I had a broken internal
throat casting in the carb that I had a jeweler do a LASER weld on...only
thing that would not blow away the thin pot metal.  He used some scrap
casting pieces and silver / platinum to make it work.  After all this bother
I went to a table at the flea market and for relatively little money, found
a brand new AMAL carb of the right dimention plus extra gaskets.  Go figure!
I bought it so now it will never rain cause I own an umbrella!  At the end I
got an honourable mention and  lots of goodies including oodles of oil to
replace the pool I left on the floor there.  ('marking it's territory')
Good to get it back out and run it.  I also ended up meeting an old friend I
had not seeen in 20 years who has an untouched rough but complete 1910
Merkel!  I agreed to lend a hand getting it running and freed up for future
shows.   Had a great time...get out and use em!   bob ... 33 SS