Engine serial number locations...yet another one

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Engine serial number locations...yet another one
From: David Stillinger <dstillin@qualcomm.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 10:05:20 -0700
I will add yet another spot where I have found the engine serial number on
my 61 +4. Besides the already mentioned location on the interior folded
hinge line of each bonnet half I discovered the same number stamped into
the flange of the firewall mounted tool box at its corner directly behind
the fuse box (carb side of engine bay). The engine is marked TSM XXXXX
where the TS and the XXXXX (I don't remember the numbers) are deeply
stamped and the M  a bit lighter. I suspect the engines came from triumph
marked with their standard TS XXXXX and Morgan then added the M into the
sequence. Anyway the XXXXX portion appears in the above three places on my
car leading me to believe it ain't no clone.

This month was a milestone for me. I have owned my car for 20 years and
drove it until it died about six years ago from a very tired engine.  In
the last few years two kids have arrive and one new house was built.
Needless to say the Mog went into storage and put on hold. This past
December I retrieved the car and completely went through the engine,
clutch, drive line, and brakes. Finished this month and have got about 150
miles on the "new" car. WOW! this thing is a lot faster than I remember and
really a blast to drive. Thank god I didn't take the easy way out and sell
it when all the family stuff hit. My kids love to ride in it and would
never let me part with it now!!
David C. Stillinger
Voice: (619) 658-5755
Fax:   (619) 658-1563