Re: endurance

To: William Zehring <zehrinwa@UMDNJ.EDU>
Subject: Re: endurance
From: Fred Kuzyk <msccc@sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 09:18:04 -0700
William Zehring wrote:

> Gerry Wilburn wrote:
>
> >Wil,
> >
> >Bought our first MORGAN, a NEW DHC in 1959.
> >
> >Gerry
> >

> I have really enjoyed hearing from folks responding to my querry on the
> span of list member's loyalty to the Morgan marque.  I feel like an
> interloper having only owned my 4/4 for a bit over three years.  I think
> Gerry is the most loyal of those who responded to me.  My only excuse is
> that I was four years old in 1959  :-)
>
> Will Zehring

Will,
I too feel like a "puppy" at only 8 years, compared to some. One of our
founding club members, Al Sands, who isn't "in cyberspace" has been
Morganeering since prior to '62. He tells of the days when they use to
hill climb on a public road near here, at a place called Rattlesnake
Point, in the 40s & 50s, when it was gravel. Then there was also ice
racing & other pursuits. Of course, this was the days before public
liability, insurance concerns, emissions testing, concours valuations,
etc. These days it's tough to get folks to drive off of a paved surface
for a short stretch! Perhaps we've missed the boat, being too recent!
Any "old timers" agree?

Cheers!
Fred Kuzyk
Morgan Sports Car Club Canada