Re: everything old is new...

To: Fred Kuzyk <msccc@sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: everything old is new...
From: Les Burkholder <les_burkholder@sunshine.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 1997 17:59:49 -0700
Fred Kuzyk wrote:

> Peter,
> I'm told that a fellow named "Curly" had the Canadian Morgan dealership,
> many years ago in South-Western Ontario. That may have been the company
> that your car was shipped to. We ran into folks in the Windsor area
> during a club trip there, a couple of years ago, who remembered those
> days. You might have luck contacting an "old timer", like trike racer
> Dave Elcombe in Kingsville, Ontario.
> Cheers,
> Fred Kuzyk
> Morgan Sports Car Club Canada

Fred
You are right Curly did have a Morgan / Motorcyle dealership in Windsor,
Ontario. Spent many an evening at the dealership with other sports car
types, just hanging out.  Curly was a great person and very helpfull.
Sadly, he died three years ago.  I am not sure if the garage is still
there or not. I was there in 53 - 57 and returned to buy a 62 Morgan DH
from Curly. Dave Elcombe (long time friend, still keep in contact) will
know for sure as he was a close friend of Curly's.Dave was looking after
him the last few years.  Dave's Address is  111 Queen Street,
Kingsville Ont. N9Y 2A1 Canada.
I think it was you who said somthing about Rattlesnake Hill.  I attended
some of the hill climbs there, way back when.
Just another Old Tart who still drives a Morgan. Now it is a 69 4/4 four
seater.  Wish I still had the DH, but sold it in Los Angeles in 65. Does
anyone know of a Black DH with Red Leather interior, sold in the LA
area????
Hope this is some help to Peter.
Les from Gibsons BC