proper storage of leather

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: proper storage of leather
From: pdburket@intrepid.net (David & Pat)
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 1997 21:30:13 -0400
Last week I purchased leather hides for the interior restoration of my '60
two seater.  The sales person said it would be o.k. to keep the hides
stored in the plastic wrap.  Seems  I had read somewhere that leather needs
to be out in air so  it can breath.  It will be some time before I actually
install the interior.   Do any of you have opinions about using  a plastic
bag for leather storage?  I also would like to know of any additional
precautions that should be taken when storing hides.

Thanks,

David