Re: New Mogs

To: Colin Butter <c.butter@umds.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: New Mogs
From: wagstaff@newnet.co.uk
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 1997 23:43:02 -0700
Colin Butter wrote:

> Has anyone seen (or own) one of the "new" specification Morgans?
> Any thoughts?

Dear Colin

I remember that back in May you were pondering what choices to make for
colour,etc.  I had already decided on my final spec. for my Plus 4 in
March.  The car is being built at the moment; we visited the factory on
Wednesday and the car had just gone into the paint shop that morning. I
understand that it will be in there for about a week, getting five coats
of primer and two of top coat.

I almost got in contact with you to find out what progress yours had
made.  There seem to have been considerable delays in changing to the
new model.  I was originally quoted May delivery, then June, then July,
then August and then late September. Of course in June there was a
substantial price increase.  Late September we were told that the car
was delayed waiting for its steel wings, but then one week later we were
told that it had been started three weeks before.  Unfortunately this
means we missed visiting during the early days of the build.

I ordered steel wings because I was told that the aluminium wings were
very soft, and tended to get badly marked by stones thrown up by the
front wheels.  I understand that the new moulded aluminium wings are
made of a much harder alloy, but I was not offered the option of
changing to these, and the factory have told me that they are not
actually fitting these yet.

The publicity for the new model gave the impression that the cockpit was
now much roomier, but I didn't notice much difference.

They are still ironing out problems as far as I can see.  We noticed
that in some of the cars the seat runners were slightly out of line so
that the seats would not go back as far as I would like.  I am assured
that this problem will be sorted on mine.

It looks like I will have mine in about three weeks now. I haven't
driven one yet, but I'm really looking forward to it! I've now got to
decide whether to keep my Westfield or sell it.

I would be interested to know how yours is coming along.

Dave Wagstaff
Portsmouth
UK
xx 44 1705 370863