Re: TexMog

To: smithmog@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: TexMog
From: harris_simmons@juno.com (Charles A Harris)
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 1997 17:18:45 -0500
Before starting to replace everything in the starting system, does anyone
have any extraneous suggestions to this problem.  Matildas starter does
not.  Just before TexMog when you turned the key to start, the scuttle
mounted solenoid would drop, but the solenoid on the starter would not,
and the starter bendix did not move.  I removed the starter, and had it
tested, and the rebuild folks said it was o. k.  My wife kept after me to
check the battery, which I refused to do for some time, as it always
something to do with Lucas.  At last I did check the battery and found
that sure enough it had died of some geriatric complications.
Now with the new battery she has been starting fine until the day before
yesterday when at the stables she refused to start.  She bump started
fine, and the starter worked for the rest of the day.  yesterday she
became like Bob Noguiras lottery starter on his return from Alaska, as
sometimes it works, sometimes it did not.  The new battery seems fine, so
I wonder wheather the starter has sure enough  now died, or if the
solenoids are a problem.  Any suggestion would be appreciated..
Chuck Harris
66 4/4 with 1600 x-flow and neg ground