Plus 8 seat mounting

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Plus 8 seat mounting
From: Gary Kneisley <kneisley@ohio.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 1998 20:43:49 -0500
Here's a question for the +8 owners on the list...

I've been working on my '91 +8 and discovered the seats (fold down,
adjustable seats) are each mounted somewhat differently from each other.

The drivers seat is mounted to the car with bolts that go through two wood
wedges and the floorboards, with the nut under the car.  The rear bolt goes
through the seat slide and the chassis cross member.  The second bolt goes
through the front of the seat slide, the wood wedge and the floor board.
Then four more bolts go through the wood wedge and floorboards further
fastening the wood wedges to the car.   A total of eight bolts through the
floor, only four of which actually go through the seat slide track, the
others only through the wood wedges.

On the passenger seat, the bolts all go through  2" by 21" piece of 1/8"
steel which sits on top of the wood wedges, thereby giving the seat more
support and attachment to the front four bolts.
On the drivers side, there are no pieces of steel atop the wood wedges.

Which makes me think they were lost in a modification or, were never there
in the first place.

I'd be curious as to how the seats are mounted in other recent vintage Morgans.

Thanks, and Happy New Year

Gary
Grafton, OH
1991 +8  R10432