fuel gauge

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: fuel gauge
From: Oddcarnut <Oddcarnut@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 1998 22:54:29 EST
While trying to get my fuel gauge to work I noticed a bit of modified wiring
under the dash.  A voltage stabilizer (VDO) had been added and the fuel gauge
was being supplied from it.  Question #1:  Should my '63 +4 have an instrument
voltage stabilizer and, if so, what gauges should be fed from it??

The fuel gauge is obviously not the original, having a different needle than
the other gauges.  It moves from empty toward full as the tank empties.  Using
the voltage stabilizer, it works over about 2/3's scale.  Question #2:  Any
ideas on the reversed operation?  Thanks in advance.

Ken Payne
63 +4 4 seater