RE: Wet Protection Measures - WAS:(Morgan Christmas Jaunt)

To: "'Morgans'" <morgans@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Wet Protection Measures - WAS:(Morgan Christmas Jaunt)
From: "Vodden, Dave" <Dave.Vodden@Telematics.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 98 16:27:00 PST
My current hood is too tight to get even a terrycloth in.  Admittedly winter
is worst case, but last time it was erected (as it were) it took myself and
my two sons to complete the job.  Two of us pulled the front while my
younger son pushed the back of the frame to shorten the front to back
distance.  I was really concerned that the windscreen would snap clean off
when we let go!!

Which leads on to a question....

Is there a correlation between hood tension and rate of leak?  As I said in
my earlier posting, this newer and tighter hood leaks less.  (It also has a
different draught excluder above the windscreen, bigger than the other one
was and more squashy)

Dave Vodden
Plus 4 4 Seater
Hampshire UK