Re: Wet Protection Measures

To: <morgans@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Wet Protection Measures
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 1998 17:00:15 -0500
>>Arlo Levisen wrote
>>
>>>Since I kept the car pretty much at a steady 90 mph, the wind
>>>tended to force the rain water up over the windshield and under the hood
>>>and then down the inside of the windshield.
>
>A trick I've used (at speeds up to 75 mph - untested above that) is to
>place a terrycloth (or felt) strip between the windscreen frame and the
>top along the lift-a-dots.  When the cloth thickens with the moisture,
>it tends to prevent more water from being blown in....

Great idea!

Along the same lines, what do you guys and galls do to keep you side
curtains from flopping out?

While I almost never have my top up and side curtains in, I must admitt
that I have.  What I've been doing for years is simply tying a piece
of string around the top of the window frame.  Then taking the loose
end and tying it around the lift-a-dots on top of the dash board.  This
helps quite a bit.  But you have to remember to unhook the string from
the dash before you try to get out.  Something I almost always forget to
do!

John

              48 TR1800    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V
71 Saab Sonnett III     75 Bricklin SV1     77 Spitfire