Cabin Fever/Oil/Beading

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Cabin Fever/Oil/Beading
From: Gary Kneisley <kneisley@ohio.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 1998 14:51:19 -0500
On this 10th day of January, 34 degrees, but finally sunny!  After two weeks
of rain to wash the salt off the roads I took the +8 out for a spin to
charge the battery, limber it up and check out the rattle elimination steps
I've taken since I began the winter storage.  It is pleasing to say the car
ran with no more exhaust system banging.  At speed, with a hood on my head
and none on the car, it was refreshing.  Makes for a nice winter day in Ohio.

Getting close to the car again it raised a couple of questions for the more
experienced Morgan owners on the list....

What oil is preferred these days... the synthetics, Castrol, Nitrex ???

Somewhere I recall reading that the beading between the wings and car body
should be treated... to keep it dry and pliable.  Anyone have a preferred
procedure?

Thanks all, for sharing your experience.

Gary
Grafton, OH USA
1991 +8