trike for sale maybe

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: trike for sale maybe
From: FPS3 <FPS3@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 02:50:31 EST
Hopefuly I will find myself in need of cash- soon. It is a house deal, one
that I have lusted after for 16 years (house & barn & workshop & 16 acres in
the woods). It is almost in forclosure (divorce & alchohol)  but I may be able
to get it before that happens.  It is a dream, so just in case, I am lining up
ducks. I can always build more cars- but this house is something that I could
never duplicate...

IF it happens- then I will need to sell all "excess" rolling stock.  (5
vehicles) This includes the Morgan trike. I have no plans to sell it if this
house deal does not materalize. I have a good sum invested in this trike and
am still trying to get a handle on it's value.
However if you know of anyone interested in a trike- albeit a special, please
mention this to them and have them send me a note with their address & phone
if they are truely interested. I don't want to waste anyone's time with a lot
of dialog- so I'll send them full info, pictures, etc. if it has to go. (Kent-
you're on the top of the list..) The description below should either whet
their interest or turn 'em off. We'll see from there.

This is a seriously neat F type Special. If you haven't seen it, then you have
no idea what it is like- as it is "different". It is very (very!) low, (around
32 inches!) very pretty quite fast. It may be the fastest pre-war Morgan in
the US- either 3 or 4 wheels. That's a tought statement to back up, I know. I
only say that as last week I ran with the ex-Peter Morgan '36 4/4 at the IRL
track in FL. (This car ran neck & neck with Chris Towner at Meadowbrook) I
pulled over a 1/3 lap lead on him (and the rest of the field) in 10 laps.
Driving skill did not play a part in this- I am not an great racer- I am sure
he can out-drive me... the car was just properly geared (sprocketed?) for the
run and we were running 80-85mph laps around the tri-oval. You don't even feel
as if it has three wheels, it drifts beautifuly- no tendency to lift a wheel
at all.
It has all the "right" stuff  for vintage racing and daily (fun) driving. I
often drive it to work.. It has no real vices- it runs dead cool in traffic or
on the track, starts in an instant. Engine is 100E Ford sidevalve with a rare
Willment "Intake-over-exhaust" head, dual SU's, tuned header, balanced, etc.
Seems to produce more power than a fully Aquaplaned engine. Everything is
right on this trike. New chassis, relaced wheels w/stainless spokes, Metzler
sidecar tyres, all bearings new, big juice brakes with swiss cheeze backing
plates on the front (single leading shoe as required by club rules) ,
reinforced rear fork, 4 "sorta quick-change" sprockets for different courses,
one piece driveshaft with carrier bearings, fuel cell, modern oil seals,
beetle-back alloy body, Tracy tri-bar headlights, alloy cycle fenders,
Brookand screen, etc. While highly modified- it was done to conform to the
three wheel club's "sporting formula" rules- also conforms to the Australian
rules for (i forgot what they call the class). Wood body frame- of course.

Fred Sisson
5807 Western Hills Drive
Norcross, GA 30071 USA