Re: sniffer in the pipe

To: ebrown@ms.com, morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: sniffer in the pipe
From: FPS3 <FPS3@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 00:57:19 EST
Chip etal

What you are after is instant readings. The reaction time of the sniffers is
too slow to be of much use for what we are doing. The O2 sensor needs to be as
close to the head as possible- yet still read all the carbs. Mine is at the
junction of all four pipes in the header.

Check the units that Racer Wholesale has. They have a dual reading unit. That
would be the Cat's meow for a twin carb engine. I am thinking of getting one
myself. You can just use one sensor- but if you set it up to read each carb
separately- then you could REALLY sync the carbs.

fred sisson