Re: electric windshield

To: DrSimon@azure.com
Subject: Re: electric windshield
From: harris_simmons@juno.com (Charles A Harris)
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 1998 22:00:33 -0600
Fred and Simon,
I know that I am the only one out here that has no idea what the electric
windshield is about other than a snipe hunt but in the spirit of assuming
there is, then even if you are looking through the windshield wouldn't
there be an incredible glare off a bunch of fine wire?  Even if there is
a small amount of dust on a windshield the west sun can be blinding. Is
the wire in the windshield to heat it?  Is this a replacement for a
defroster?  Anyway Simon congratulations on your new Morgan.  Mine has
given me over 30 years of pleasure.  Hope yours can do the same.  I have
been considering putting a heater in Matilda despite the uneasiness I
feel over having anymore electrical devises added to her.
Chuck Harris
Companion of Matilda (And yes the generator is loose again)
On Mon, 2 Feb 1998 17:38:36 -0000 "Simon Chambers" <DrSimon@azure.com>
writes:
>Fred,
>
>>The Landrover has a billion gold wires in the glass- is the Morgan
>the
>same?
>

>Yes it is the same lots of very fine wavy lines down the screen -
>Don't look
>gold though - they are so fine but I would say they were black. When
>you
>focus through the screen you can't see them at all!
>
>Simon.

>Dr. Simon Chambers.
>Technical Director, Azure Limited.
>Dorchester Dorset, ENGLAND
>Tel: +44 1305 251771  Fax: +44 1305 251779
>eMail: DrSimon@azure.com

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]