Re: electric windshield

To: DrSimon@azure.com, Morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: electric windshield
From: FPS3@aol.com
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 1998 13:40:48 EST
Wires in the LandRover windshield are dead straight across the screen. Super-
fine gold wires. I see that the heated windshield glass is available again for
the Rover (mine is a'67) & so I am sure that the glass must be available...
somewhere.

Mine has been operating for 31 years & I imagine that the Mog unit will be
just as trouble-free. Old Rovers are rougher riding than Morgans & it has had
it's share of bouncing. I did have to replace the solinoid several years back-
but it was ten bucks or so.

Mine works great- esp nice for simi-warm/wet days when heat from the engine is
enough but the windows fog. I can drive with a clear screen without the heater
on.

I'd put one in my 55 Mog in a minute- if I could locate the glass &
connections.

Fred