Re(2): Hinges

To: FPS3@aol.com
Subject: Re(2): Hinges
From: Fred_H._Birkbeck@eol.ieaust.org.au (Fred H. Birkbeck)
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 1998 22:45:34 +1000
Hi,
I have re-pinned the door hinges and the procedure I followed seems to
have turned out very well.
I first clamped a set of hinges together (with the original pin installed)
with appropriate spacers to get the alinment right.  Then mounted the
clamped hinge set in a machine vice and drilled with a vertical drill,
first with a small drill then one larger to ensure no ovality remained.
I  then completed the hole by reaming.  I followed this procedure for all
four sets of hinges.
I then made up a set of stainless steel pins in the lathe to match the
reamed hole size.
Hope this is of assistance.
Best regards,  Fred Birkbeck,  1951 +4