Gasket replacement

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Gasket replacement
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 08:32:58 -0500
I got a delivery failure message back on this message.  If you already
received it, I appologize, but I thought I'd send it again as I thought
this stuff is really great and wanted every one to know about it.

Hey all,

   A while back, someone posted an item about a product that really worked.

The fuel pump was leaking on my Spit, so my neighbor brought over some
"gasket eliminator".  Put the stuff around the shaft of the bolt in the
top of the pump and around edge of the removable top and haven't had a
leak yet.  Also the carb on my Sonnet was leaking.  Pulled it off, droped
the float bowl and reassembled.  No problem since.

This stuff is put out by Loctite, called "gasket eliminator" 518 sealant.
I tried a couple of auto parts stores and finally found it at a Car Quest.
However, the first Car Quest I went to, didn't stock it.  He checked his
computer and told me about another store that carried it.

Anyway, this stuff seems to be great.  But not real cheap, $12 for a 1.69
oz tube.  But a little goes a long way.

John

              48 TR1800    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V
71 Saab Sonnett III     75 Bricklin SV1     77 Spitfire