Morgan Rental at Wykeham's

To: morgans <morgans@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Morgan Rental at Wykeham's
From: Joseph DeLuca <DELUCAJ@mops.wl.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 19:56:31 -0500
>>  >Please can you help me, its my dad's 50th Birthday in April and as a
>>  >surprise I would like hire him a Morgan for a day as he is mad on them!
>>  >Any assistance would be much appreciated.
>>  >Regards, Stuart Dodd.

I noticed someone pointed out Wykehams in central London
(http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/wykehamsmorganagents/).

My wife and I can recommend them since we had a really satisfactory experience
in 1996.

We rented a French-blue 4/4 for ten days at a cost of about 750 Pounds.  The
car was a 1995 model with 3000 miles on the clock and it ran like a Swiss
watch.  The only snag was this big red plastic key which served to disconnect
the battery as a sort primitive anti-theft device.  It had the disconcerting
habit of falling out and killing the ignition at the oddest times.  We drove it
all over England, Wales and Ireland with no other problems.

Wykehams was very helpful and even stored a lot of our gear in their office
until our return. Luggage space was at a premium, even with a luggage rack.  We
packed our things in small duffles and other bags and wedged them in the nooks
and crannies of the machine.  It was grand!

The dealership is quite small (by American standards, anyway) and tucked away
in a back alley (Reece Mews) in South Kensington.  I know they rent by the
weekend 345 Pounds for 3 days), but they may be flexible and rent by the day.
They're a friendly bunch.

Regards,

Joe DeLuca
Sparta, NJ