Re: Morgan Rental at Wykeham's

To: morgans <morgans@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Morgan Rental at Wykeham's
From: Joseph DeLuca <DELUCAJ@mops.wl.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 09:19:55 -0500
>>  This French-blue 4/4 proved to be a very dangerous car. We rented it
>>  last summer for three days and it infected me. Two months later I had to
>>  buy one in Holland.
>>
>>  We did not have any problem with the red key. Ok, once I forgot to plug
>>  it in and was surprised that the car did not start. This happened when
>>  we decided to put a Morgan take-off on video.
>>
>>  We did have some serious problems with it. After some heavy rainfall,
>>  water got into the engine and ran only on three cylinders. We were in
>>  the neighbourhood of Malvern Link and went to the factory for some help.
>>  Although it  was closed for maintenance, there was an engineer who
>>  helped us. Within ten minutes the car sounded and felt like it should.
>>
>>  There is a picture on the web of this car see:
>>  http://www.erack.com/car/_classcar/_buyers/morgan/index.htm
>>
>>  Kind regards,
>>  Martin Barkel
>>  Holland
>>  '89 4/4

Martin,

I'm pleased to see Wykehams' blue Morgan is still ferrying happy visitors
around the UK.  It was infectious indeed.  What a thrill to drive a new Moggie
with a crisp, tight feeling all over.

When I returned home I was compelled to have my chassis stiffened with
strategic welds to reduce the excessive flexing because I was spoiled by the
luxury.  I still miss the defroster.

Do you suppose the auto featured in Classic Car Magazines web site is the same
one we rented, or just similar?

Warm regards,
Joe DeLuca
Sparta, NJ (USA)