RE: Early +4 4-str Top (Hood) pattern

To: "'GOTom@aol.com'" <GOTom@aol.com>
Subject: RE: Early +4 4-str Top (Hood) pattern
From: "Vandergraaf, Chuck" <vandergraaft@aecl.ca>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 13:23:23 -0500
Tom,

I've still got the top (hood) for my '51 +4 but the tonneau cover has
disintegrated to the point that all that's left is one strip with the
little fasteners on it.

What I'm really after is a source of the material used to make the
original top (hood).  There is a pretty good upholsterer in town whose
skills include repairing boat covers and stuff like that (he did a
pretty decent job repairing the berth cushions of my sailboat) and can
make up a new hood and probably custom-build a tonneau cover as well,
but he doesn't know where to get the material.  I know, I can always got
for that new-fangled stuff, but I liked the thin cotton-y stuff.

Any ideas out there?

Chuck Vandergraaf
'52 +4, P.2473/V.345.ME
'85 Chrysler LeBaron Turbo