Re: Newbie Needs Insights and Encouragements

To: "J.D. Welch" <jdwelch@datawing.com>
Subject: Re: Newbie Needs Insights and Encouragements
From: Jeremy Edwards <jeremy@jmemee.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 18:49:13 +0000
J.D. Welch <jdwelch@datawing.com> writes

>Wherein comes the rub.  The most complicated thing I've ever done to a
>car is put oil into it.  I'm I off my rocker to be buying a car whose
>motto is "The parts falling off of this car are of the finest English
>craftsmanship"?  What "fundamentals" should I consider before plunking
>down $n,000 and driving off into the sunset?  My local community college
>offers a course on "small engine repair".  Sound like a good idea?

If you really want to drive the car, you are going to spend some time
fiddling with it. 99.00% reliability requires systematic preventive
maintenance. Any auto training course will be a good idea, but any
Morgan is very simple, so you can get most of the information and
practical skills from books, John Blairs web site and this mailing list.

If you love the car, get a thrill from driving one or being a passenger
in someone elses car, then do it. If it needs to work every day, buy a
Honda!
--
Jeremy Edwards
1972 Morgan 4/4