Re: Out of the paint shop

To: "'Morgans'" <morgans@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Out of the paint shop
From: "Vodden, Dave" <Dave.Vodden@Telematics.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 98 08:44:00 PST

Jeremy Edwards Wrote

>All in all, it could be worse, at least fixing a Morgan is not rocket
>science. My wife's modern Peugeot frightens me as it has full engine
>management, multi-point fuel injection and a parcially multi-plexed
>wiring loom. If it goes wrong it will have to go to the dealer!

I have a Morgan like that, complete with wiring loom earth problems, just
like they always were.  But I wouldn't have it any other way.

By the way  electronic engine management systems can be diagnosed and fixed
but NOT by the dealer.  We just managed to fix an annoying cold weather
issue with my wife's 1989 BMW 318.  Apparently they are prone to backfire
 and damage the air volume meter just enough to provide an intermittent
failure.  No dealer could find a fault so eventually though daunted by the
motronic EMS I rolled up my sleaves and sorted it myself.  At L200 for a
reconditioned meter I spent a long time satisfying myself that the problem
was really that.

Dave Vodden
1992 Plus 4
Hampshire UK