Gas Tank sealers

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Gas Tank sealers
From: Oddcarnut <Oddcarnut@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 1998 23:07:51 EST
Tony, Bob

Regarding the gas tank sealer, I've had good & bad luck with it.  I used some
years ago on a TR3 with no problems.  On our Mini we've had problems... In one
tank it started peeling off in bits just large enough to block the pickup.
The other tank it seems to have stuck quite well.  The tank with problems was
coated on a day with moderately low temps and high humidity.  Another local
odd car nut has also had problems with the sealer in a tank he thinks may not
have been completely dry.  So, if you use it, I'd suggest a dose of alcohol as
a final rinse then letting it dry for a day or two before coating.

The 4 seater tank seems pretty simple.  If mine had been rusty (I'm surprised
it wasn't) I probably would have gone with a fuel cell.  The plastic container
versiuons can be had for reasonable prices from many race shops.

Cheers,

Ken Payne
63 +4 4 seater, etc.