Gas Tank Leaks

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Gas Tank Leaks
From: Bill Eastman <william.eastman@medtronic.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 1998 11:35:45 -0600
When rebuilding fuel tanks in the past,  I have had good luck with local
radiator shops.  Call around and I am sure that you can find one that does
fuel tanks.  They will get rid of the rust, fix the leaks, and pressure
test it.  I sent them a saddle tank (tall and thin) from a '66 Scout that
had most of the bottom rusted out and it came back looking a little pinched
at the bottom but leak free.  It outlasted the truck.  A friend of mine had
his Falcon tank done last year and it was around $100.00.  Not inexpensive
but it is a much better fix than the coatings, in my opinion.

Regards,
Bill Eastman
61 MGA