one shot oil connection

To: <morgans@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: one shot oil connection
From: "Alan and Madeline Aron" <alana@legend.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 1998 17:12:23 -0000
Help!
I'm in the middle of a '64+4 restoration. The car has the original TR4
engine. Before taking the car apart for an engine rebuild I took photos of
all connections to make sure I knew where everything went. Now I am putting
it back together after the engine and complete front end overhaul.
Naturally I want to make sure that the one-shot system works to keep those
oil slicks on the garage floor, so I was checking all the fittings.
According to my photos and the pictures in a Hayes TR4 manual, the fitting
for the oil pressure gauge and therefore the one-shot on a Mog goes around
the front bolt of the four holding the oil filter unit to the block. On
inspecting this for no clogs, I come to find that there is no hole for the
oil to flow. This appears to just be a stud. Am I missing something? Can
anybody help as to where the connection should be made?

Stumped in the UK
Alan Aron