Re: one shot oil connection

To: Alan and Madeline Aron <alana@legend.co.uk>
Subject: Re: one shot oil connection
From: tjsouz@epix.net
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 1998 20:43:01 -0800
Alan and Madeline Aron wrote:

> Help!
> I'm in the middle of a '64+4 restoration. The car has the original TR4
> engine. Before taking the car apart for an engine rebuild I took photos of
> all connections to make sure I knew where everything went. Now I am putting
> it back together after the engine and complete front end overhaul.
> Naturally I want to make sure that the one-shot system works to keep those
> oil slicks on the garage floor, so I was checking all the fittings.
> According to my photos and the pictures in a Hayes TR4 manual, the fitting
> for the oil pressure gauge and therefore the one-shot on a Mog goes around
> the front bolt of the four holding the oil filter unit to the block. On
> inspecting this for no clogs, I come to find that there is no hole for the
> oil to flow. This appears to just be a stud. Am I missing something? Can
> anybody help as to where the connection should be made?
>
> Stumped in the UK
> Alan Aron
Alan, There are two copper washers that go on the front stud of the oil
filter. The larger ID washer goes on first then the banjo fitting
followed by the smaller ID washer.  An acorn nut caps off the stud.  Oil
flows around the stud and into the banjo fitting.  And if it's all tight
no oil leaks out.
Have fun, Tony Souza