Rumour Mill

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Rumour Mill
From: mcrossan@netcom.ca
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 21:11:54 -0500 (EST)
        I just recieved word from what I would consider to be a relatively
knowledgeable source that
the Morgan +8 GTR did not infact have the 5 liter Rover engine replaced by a
Chevrolet 5.7 Liter
one, but a "German" manufactured V8! My best bet, (assuming this is true) is
BMW, seeing as they
own Rover and are aware of the Morgan because of the one-of-a-kind BMW powered
Morgan +6 (this is
more than just a rumour right??I only read about it in a small article in the
MSCC Miscellany
magazine).  Seeing as the +8 GTR is used for research and development, could we
see a BMW powered
+8 in the future?  Has anyone seen Big Blue and can discredit or verify this
+rumour?

This is the direct quote I recieved:

"I don't think the Morgan will be out much this year. From what I gathered at
the Autosport Show
in January, last year was really development work with a V8 from a German
manufacturer - it wasn't
a Chevy V8 under there at all. Did you know this? They couldn't announce
anything at the time, and
still haven't as far as I know."

David McCrossan
mcrossan@netcom.ca