folding windshield

To: "Michael D. Miles, PE" <mdmiles@teleport.com>
Subject: folding windshield
From: William Zehring <zehrinwa@UMDNJ.EDU>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 12:05:44 -0500
Dear Mog-o-philes:

After visiting the site that Michael Miles discovered,

At 08:23 AM 3/16/98 -0800, you wrote:
>In my unofficial capacity as
>observer-of-newsgroups-for-Morgan-related-items, I found the following URL
>posted to rec.autos.antique.  It refers to a 1974 4/4 available in Spain.
>The website is nicely done and the photos are quite good (meaning lots of
>download) but the background trees and dappled sunlight set the car off
>well.
>
>I was toying with some supersillious comments about the "rain in Spain" but
>decided against it.
>
>http://personal.redestb.es/viciola/Morgan/morgan.html

...and taking a look at this lovely car (what 4/4 does not have that
indescribable, shimmering beauty?), I started thinking about an old idea
I'd had for me own 4/4: a fold down windshield.  Does anyone out there have
advice/comments/flames/suggestions for obtaining the proper mounting
hardware to convert my fixed windshield to a fold down style, with
accommodations for a pair of "Brooklands" screens??  There's precious
little room to mount the Brooklands.  Any thoughts on this?  I have vague
recollections that this subject was treated in the past year... sorry but
I've forgotten the details and can't seem to find a relevant message in my
files.

Also: a bit of non-morgan inquiry:  Has anyone heard of a color called "RAF
blue?"

Finally; I would have taken me mog out for an inaugural 1998 spin yesterday
but the local road maintenance folks, in their wisdom, salted the area
roads on Saturday after a half inch snow.  That brings the season total for
me in NJ up to about 3/4 of an inch!  Treacherous!

Cheers,
Will Zehring

Morgan: not just an automobile, but a way of life!