Three-wheeler info

To: <morgans@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Three-wheeler info
From: "Gary Moles" <morgannz@manawatu.gen.nz>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 22:08:28 +1200
I would greatly appreciate if someone out there could provide answers to the
following questions re v-twin three speed gearboxes.
1.    Can anyone provide details (sketch or drawing) of the "dip stick" used
for checking the oil level in the three-speed gear box. I believe the dip
stick was part of the tool kit, but after 64 years, despite being very
original, my 1934 Family does not have its original toolkit - funny that.
2.    Gearbox oil. Guidance is requested on the correct oil/grease to use in
the gearbox. Castrol R continues to be very elusive in New Zealand. I have
been told that Castrol GP50 (Castrol D) is ok. However further research
proves that if I asked 20 owners their opinion on the correct substance I
would get 21 different answers????
3.    I don't know if "Penrite" oils are available in USA/UK but their
advertising states that their 140 and 250 weight oils are suitable for
old-style gearboxes - guaranteed to be non-corrosive. Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any info received
Best regards
Gary Moles.