[Re: she's alive!]

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: [Re: she's alive!]
From: Arlin Robins <arlin@slip.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 21:13:17 -0800
Arlin Robins wrote:
Grywiz wrote:

 > Great to hear from you, Will,
 > And she's not the only one!!!!!!
 > Brave Irene and I have had quite a winter together, what with
completely
 > replacing her front end....we have had a marvellous and totally
redeeming past
 > two weeks of gorgeous weather here in SE Georgia to make our first
real
 > aquaintance with each other.  Miriad issues await, as always, but
there is
 > nothing more thrilling than to take an injured Moggie, nurse her back
to a
 > semblance of health, and then roar around country roads at 80+ mph,
even if
 > the brakes are "a bit undependable yet".  As one might expect, this
morning,
 > when planning to show her off to Rotary friends at our weekly
meeting, after
 > clearing a heavy morning dew, her battery was stone, cold
dead.....she must
 > have been embarrassed about her hand painted and seriously flaking
paint
 > job....another work in progress!  There is no finer reward than
working on
 > your own Morgan...as if that were news to any of you.
 > Best to all,
 > Peter

 Peter,
   "Brave Irene," What a great name. (Btw my favorite racehorse name was
 "Brutality of Hope"--obviously NOT appropriate for a Morgan, and too
 long for a plate anyway.)
    I know just how you feel. I just had my first ride in a 3-wheeler. A
 friend of mine took me out in his beautiful blue '33 SS in the soft
 green rolling hills and winding 2-lanes of middle NorCal. I could wax
 Morganific but, damn, it was a bloody wonderful experience! Thanks
 again, George.
    Anyone care to weave a thread on the list re: license plates, bumper
 stickers or car names we have loved (or loathed)? I like "COMO NO",
 "HRUDUDU" (the rabbit word for car in "Watership Down." On a VW Rabbit,
 of course) and "MMM CHIC" (on a Jag SS 100).

 Michael, Arlin & "MOGNFIQ"