Re: Thanks

To: Steve Moore <steve.moore@cnetns.tcp.csiro.au>, Morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Thanks
From: ebrown@ms.com
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 08:30:11 -0500

To Steve Moore and other serious hot weather folks

As your "cold" weather arrives and as New York is expected to hit 90F today, I'd
be curious to know how you all in the antipodes keep your cars cool in that very
hot weather. Do you use Kenlowe fans, or other types, and do you use
(1)pressurized or (2) unpressurized expansion tanks? My 57 Plus 4, in steamy New
England, does fine until caught in traffic on a hot day, and then it starts to
shed coolant to my unpressurized catch bottle, which of course boils right away.
The other time it boils is when I'm tuning the carbs, if I'm a bit slow about it
I have to get a big window box fan and perch it in front of the car, and it
seems to help. Except for these days, my system works perfectly, so I was
thinking about adding an electric fan. I imagine these things have brackets that
clamp to the radiator. If you've had good luck with a particular set up for your
Morgan, why not tell us all about it? And enjoy the perfect Morgan weather!

Regards-

Chip Brown