water pump rebuilding

To: FPS3@aol.com
Subject: water pump rebuilding
From: bristol@coastnet.com (Jim Walters)
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1998 09:50:59 -0800
Fred, you were asking where the ENFO water pump shafts come
from. They are easily available from any bearing warehouse,
they are a standard 5/8 water pump shaft and bearing assembly
machined down on a lathe to the correct diameter and length,
the seals are obtainable from any irrigation supply company.
Some machining of the housing and or impeller may be required
to fit the modern seals. I rebuild Enfo and TR/Morgan pumps
all the time, O & G's prices are right on the mark, I usually
charge out about $100 CDN for a pump. Sometimes it is necessary
to insert a ceramic disc into the impeller for the seal to seat
on, this has to be done if it is cast iron and badly corroded.
I have lots of various English rebuilt pumps on the shelf sold on
exchange, Jag,TR, Austin, etc. Jim.