FW: Re: Hot Weather Folks

To: morgans
Subject: FW: Re: Hot Weather Folks
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1998 14:53:06 -0700 (MST)
[BOUNCE morgans@Autox.Team.Net:    Non-member submission from
[scottbarrie@homeroom.ca (Scott Barrie)]]

     Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1998 08:19:02 -0500
     From: scottbarrie@homeroom.ca (Scott Barrie)
     Subject: Re: Hot Weather Folks

Roger Burtenshaw wrote:

>Down here in South Africa, the temperature regularly goes above
>100F. My 1956 +4 has a pressurised expansion tank and I have fitted...

I spent six months in South Africa a few years ago and the combination of
wonderful weather and dozens of great "Morgan" roads made me wish I'd been
able to take my car....

>56 +4
>69 +8

.... Of course seeing that you have two.... If I ever get back there I
guess my problems will be solved.... :-)

>an electric fan in front of the radiator. No overheating problems
>since the fan was fitted.

This is a modification I've often thought of doing to my '63 Plus Four. How
many of you out there have done it? Has it made an appreciable difference?
Any suggestions re: type/make/model of fan to use? Do you have it switched
either manually or with a thermostat, or does it just run all the time?

Cheers

Scott B.