Re: F2 Tires

To: EPaul21988@aol.com, morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: F2 Tires
From: CobMeister <CobMeister@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 12:14:55 EDT
Hey Bob,

<<I've gotten no response to the ignition switch question.  Anybody got a wild
guess?>>

The ignition switch (a rotary, NOT a "toggle") is, of course, stock and is
well documented in the user's books of which two copies were provided with the
car.  I suspect that (as designed) at speed there is enough juice from the
dynamo to power the engine, thus the switch position MAY be changed once the
engine is at speed.  Except at speed on the open road, you might want to
consider running in the "side" or "head" light position at all times.  The
lights should be working, if not, check for ground, then connections.  Again,
there are several copies of the wiring diagram in the books and papers that
accompanied the car.

I also suspect that the problem when you had to tow home was a blown fuse.

Manufacturers' tire sizes are given in the books provided with the car.  I
would suggest that you not use too wide a tire on the rear as with Trikes it
is pretty important that the rear traction NOT be too good.  Most important,
of course, is that the rear air pressure be high enough to prevent "rear wheel
steer" a potentially very dangerous condition. The rear air pressure (in
particular) MUST be increased to offset added weight (a passenger) in the car.

To the best of my knowledge there is no fan--electric or otherwise--which will
fit the car.  Of course, a fan conversion (from the 10hp engine goodies) was
supplied with the car but I believe you would have to do some serious re-
arranging to get it on there.  Since the car is stock and does NOT run a water
pump, you would probably be far ahead to fit the aftermarket water pump
provided with the car rather than trying to rig a fan.  Again, though, it
should not be running hot unless you are stopped in traffic.

The dynamo is a dynamo, not a "generator."  That is to say the power output is
internally adjusted.... I think the regulator is window dressing only and
Jerry Felper agreed when he rebuilt the dynamo.  Maybe sometime in the past 62
years it needed the regulator?

Cheers!

--Colin Cobb