RE: front seats

To: "'tjsouz@epix.net'" <tjsouz@epix.net>
Subject: RE: front seats
From: "Vandergraaf, Chuck" <vandergraaft@aecl.ca>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 09:53:20 -0400
Tony,

If the Morgan reflector states that I own a flat rad 4-seater, the reflector
is wrong.  I've only got a two-seater.  The "seats" in my car are about as
rudimentary as they come.  The back rest is one piece with thin plywood on
the back (and two round finger holes or ventilation holes) and some sort of
leatherette material on the front. The back is stuffed with what appears to
be a coarse fibrous material.  The seats themselves consist of
plywood-and-wood units, with the piece of wood in the rear being very thin,
and the one in front bigger, so that the plywood forms a wedge.  There is a
steel rod that keeps the unit from collapsing from the weight of the driver
or passenger.  The plywood-wood units are held in place by the cross members
of the chassis.  The seat cushions are square and there is no indication
that they were ever meant to be inflated.  I haven't opened them up to see
what's inside.

Sorry, that's the best I can do.  I'm copying this to the Morgan network in
the hope that somebody else can help you.

Did you buy a new chassis? If so, who supplied it and at, roughly, what
cost?  Does your chassis have the back of the rear springs slide through a
slot in the round rear cross member?

Chuck Vandergraaf
'52 +4, P.2473/V.345.ME
'85 Chrysler LeBaron Turbo