Re: Photos on factory tours?

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Photos on factory tours?
From: mcrossan@netcom.ca
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 1998 13:59:35 -0400 (EDT)
On 06/02/98 08:20:08 you wrote:

>I just spoke with a fellow who said the Morgan Motor Company
>now discouraged photos on their self-guided factory tours.
>He had not been there recently himself, but heard it from
>someone else.
>
>Can anyone out there confirm this?
>
>I was snapping away, with flash, during my tours in 1990 and
>1996 with no problem.  The folks there smiled and waved.
>If there is such a rule it must be a relatively new one.
>
>Joe DeLuca
>3/4 Morgan Group
>'62 yellow 4/4

        Just recently I heard a similar rumour that some fellow (in Turkey of
all
places) came up with the bright idea of building knock-off Morgans in his
garage
to sell privately.  Supposedly when the Morgans caught wind of such foolish
notions, they decided to make an attempt at restricting photos of the factory
so
as to prevent people from building fake Mogs.  I guess the idea was to protect
the
secrets of Morgan building, but I think the cat is already out of the bag.  I
also
heard they've enacted similar policies in the past, but fortunately nobody
heeds
or enforces such rules.

mcrossan@netcom.ca